My Best Apple Crisp Recipe
My best apple crisp recipe. Recipe for apple crisp with cherries and cinnamon. How to make baked apple oatmeal crisp. This tasty apple crisp dessert is like an apple pie with an oatmeal cookie crust.
This easy apple crisp recipe is made unique by the inclusion of dried cherries. I slice the apples directly into the baking dish to save having to wash a separate bowl.
The best apples for apple crisp: I have used Rome apples here, but I also sometimes make apple crisp with McIntosh or Cortland apples. If you use Granny Smith, be sure to use sweet cherries as sour cherries will make the crisp too tart.
The recipe makes 4-6 servings and is delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Apple Crisp Filling Ingredients:4 large baking apples1/4 cup of dried cherries1/2 cup white sugar2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Apple Crisp Topping Ingredients:1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed1/2 cup all purpose flour1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned oats (not the quick cooking kind)A heaping 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamonA heaping 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg4 tablespoons of softened butter
Assemble the Homemade Apple Crisp
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover the dried cherries with water to soften them while you slice the apples.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples (thinly) into the baking dish. Drain and add the cherries. Sprinkle the sugar and flour on top and mix the 4 ingredients together right inside the buttered baking dish.
- Place the apple crisp topping ingredients into a small bow. Cut the butter in with a fork until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Spread the oatmeal topping over the sugared apples evenly and place the dish into the center of the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
My Other Apple Recipes
Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
This tasty apple crumb pie consists of a quick and easy apple crisp recipe baked in a pie shell. Fresh apples are sliced directly into a ready-made pie crust and covered with a crumb topping.
Apple Brown Betty Recipe
An easy apple brown Betty recipe. My mom used to make this old- fashioned raisin cinnamon apple bread pudding whenever we had a few slices of stale bread and 2 or 3 apples leftover from pie making.
Go from Apple Crisp Recipe to Plant Guides Home Page