Bread Machine Banana Bread Recipe
The perfect bread machine banana bread recipe. This banana nut bread machine recipe bakes up into a moist, tender loaf. Tips for making bread machine banana quick bread.
Bread Machine Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients2 2/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour1 1/2 teaspoons salt1 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg1 1/3 cup white sugar1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) soft butter cut into chunks4 large eggs3 or 4 ripe mashed bananas (about 1.5 cups)1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Banana Nut Bread
Bread Machine Instructions
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place the mashed bananas, softened butter and eggs in the bread pan. Add the dry ingredients to the pan.
- Place the bread pan into the bread machine and start the cake program.
- After the machine has mixed the batter for a minute or 2, remove the pan and scrape the sides down with a rubber spatula to get all the flour stuck in the corners of the pan into the batter. Put the bread pan back into the machine and restart it. Scrape it down again in another 2 minutes and add the walnuts. Use the spatula to distribute the nuts evenly through the batter.
- Put the bread pan back into the machine and let the cake cycle complete.
Bread Machine Recipe Tips
The cake cycle on my bread machine bakes for 60 minutes. At the end of this time, my banana quick bread was not done in the middle. I gently, set the pan back into the machine and set it to bake at 350 degrees F. for another 20 minutes.
At the end of this time the bread was done all the way through.
When your bread is done, take it out of the bread machine and set the pan on a rack to cool for 20 minutes.
Gently loosen the loaf with a spatula before inverting the pan (use pot holders for this as it will still be very warm). The bread should slip right out.
Flip it right-side-up and leave it on the cooling rack until it cools enough to slice. Give it at least 15 minutes.
Banana Bread History
Banana bread history tells the interesting history of banana bread in the United States. The development of banana quick bread recipes followed the introduction of baking powder and baking soda.
Go back to Banana Bread Recipes
The easy banana bread recipes on this page will have you making the best banana bread ever in no time. How to make banana bread moist. Making banana bread flavorful without expensive extracts. Banana bread machine recipe.
Go from Bread Machine Banana Bread Recipe to Plant Guides Home