Easy Cabbage Rolls Recipe
Lazy cabbage rolls recipe. How to make cabbage rolls in a skillet on the stovetop. Best no-bake recipe for cabbage rolls. Best ever beef cabbage rolls.
Most traditional stuffed cabbage recipes instruct you to bake the cabbage rolls in the oven but these one pot cabbage rolls are cooked on the stovetop from start to finish.
Making cabbage rolls in a skillet is quicker than baking them in a casserole dish and cleanup is easier because there is only the one pan involved.
Makes 6 rolls.
Ingredients1 lb. ground beef1 small head of green cabbage1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce3/4 cup cooked white rice or leftover cold hominy grits1/4 cup of coarsely chopped yellow onion1 tablespoon brown sugar1 teaspoon sea salt1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce1/8 teaspoon black pepper1/8 teaspoon ground allspice1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Remove 6 of the outer leaves of the cabbage. Cut out the thickest part of the stems. Wash the leaves and place them into a large skillet with half a cup of water. Steam the leaves over medium heat for 7 minutes until they become tender.
- Place the cooked cabbage leaves on a plate to cool and pour the leftover water out of the skillet.
- Chop 1 cup of the remaining cabbage up.
- Brown the ground beef in the skillet, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
Add the chopped onion and the chopped cabbage when the beef is almost brown.
- Sprinkle in the spices and seasonings. When the vegetables are tender add the tomato sauce and a can full (15 ounces) of water to the skillet. Add the rice or grits, breaking them up with a spoon as the mixture heats.
- Spoon about half a cup of the beef and rice mixture onto a cabbage leaf. Fold one end over the beef mixture, then fold the sides in and roll the cabbage leaf up.
- Gently place each completed cabbage roll on a plate. When they are all made, place them back into the remaining sauce in the skillet. Spoon a little sauce over the rolls. Cover the skillet and cook the stuffed cabbage rolls over medium heat until the cabbage is tender and the sauce has thickened(30-45 minutes).
Go from Cabbage Rolls Recipe to Ornamental Cabbage
Ornamental cabbage and kale plants make a brilliant display in the winter landscape. The leaves of flowering cabbage and kale can be smooth or deeply cut. They start out blue-green and turn magenta or white when kissed by frost.
Cooking Kale Greens Southern Style
Cooking kale greens southern style. How to cook fresh kale. Recipe for cooking kale. How to cook kale southern cooked greens. Cooking time for fresh kale.
Go from Cabbage Rolls Recipe to Plant Guies Home Page