Raw Rose Hip Jam
This quick and easy recipe for rose hip jam does not require you to cook the fruit. Rose hips are most nutritious when raw. Rose hip refrigerator jam preserves their natural vitamin C content.
Buy at AllPosters.com
You will have to boil enough water to dissolve the pectin powder but that is the only cooking you will have to do prepare this rose hip recipe.
Ingredients1 cup of
prepared rose hips
1 plus 1/2 cups water3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice3 cups of light brown sugar1 tablespoon of pectin
- Place the prepared rose hips, 3/4 cups of the water and the lemon juice into a food processor and process it until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the sugar a little at a time and process until it dissolves.
- Bring the remaining water to a boil in a small saucepan. Dissolve the pectin in the boiling water. Let the pectin water boil for 1 minute.
- Pour the pectin water into the rose hip mixture and process for about a minute more.
- Pour the jam into clean lidded jars.
The jam will keep in the fridge for up to a month. For longer storage, put them in the freezer.
Buy Rose Hip Jam Here
These, of course, are cooked jams. But if you can't get your hands on any good jam making rose hips (
or Rosa villosa hips) these are the next best thing. Your family will relish them.
The Marco Polo Rose Hip Marmalade is a special treat.
Buy Rose Hip Jelly
Rose Hip Syrup
Fruit jellies are always cooked. Made from the rose colored juice of wild rose hips without the pulp, rose hip jelly is wonderfully fragrant and delicious.
Rose hip syrup is packed with vitamins. It has been used as a cold remedy for decades both in America and Europe because children love it.
Vitlamin C with Rose Hips
Why vitamin C with rose hips is superior to plain ascorbic acid. Why you should be taking vitamin c rose hip supplements daily. Rose hips vitamin profile. Rose hips powder vitamin c for horses.
Rose Hip Tea
Rose hip tea benefits. How drinking rose hips tea can improve your health. You can buy organic rose hips or gather wild hips to make rose hips loose tea at home. Rose hips and hibiscus tea.
Go from Rose Hip Jam to Botanical Journeys Plant Guides Home